View Single Post
Old 2006-05-16, 18:53   Link #70
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Great episode, with some nice character development for Yuki. I gave it a 9. Mikuru's reaction when Haruhi wanted to pass out flyers was great too. She will probably still have nightmares about that when she's an adult...

Kyon was back at full force with his comments, and we finally get to see Itsuki use some of his power in the anime. With this the anime steps up once again, after a bit of a lull last week.

No, it seems despite being from the future, Mikuru is a normal person. What we saw in episode one was likely Haruhi's doing, much like the talking cat. Maybe human evolution went towards an increased moe factor, rather than any kind of special power?
There are evidence to suggest that Mikuru might have been chosen for her role because there was no other choice. That's the irony of it all, I guess.

If you have an important task to perform in the past, but the person who was supposed to do this according to historical records, is completely useless, you will still have no choice but to send that person.

This is just a theory though...