View Single Post
Old 2009-05-17, 11:30   Link #19281
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
this is not an "off the wall" archtype
this is how the director discribed kallen's character
if she was your lover, she'd never betray you, but if you betrayed her, she'd never forgive you
i'm saying that given all evidence presented within the show
lelouch IS the kind who WILL betray her (manipulation is a form of betrayal)
not possibly, not probaly, WILL betray
its the core basis of his character
its the core of his geass ability
and its the core of his final master plan (deceving the entire world)
there were no "who would make the best husbend" thing
but if there were im pretty sure lelouch wouldnt get ONE start when it comes to devotion becouse there he uses EVERYONE at one point or another
I didn't say Kallen's character was off the wall, I said the situations the characters were placed in were off the wall. You can't apply the situations where they had their backs to the wall, with guns in front of them and being forced to act, to "what would it have been like".

Lelouch was the kind to betray her, but when everything came down to it in ZR. He didn't betray her. He kept her on the right side and with what Lelouch had always fought for. Which is the point, he trickery may be the heart of his character, but like Kallen said, he treated her differently. Case in point, he wouldn't betray her as easily as you seem to imply, if at all.

Like I said, the way you frame your argument, you can apply the exact same to Euphemia and Suzaku's relationship and say that she would have been better off (and alive) had she not fallen for Suzaku.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote