Thread: Crunchyroll 91 Days
View Single Post
Old 2016-07-08, 17:31   Link #15
kuromitsu

Yeah, this was one of the better shows this season, one that certainly came out of (mostly) nowhere. But I'll wait to see where it goes before starting the "best anime of the season" hype. (That's Bananya, anyway.) It's altogether pretty capable, not high budget but it's doing its best with what it has, and thank god Eguchi Takuya sounds better in the actual show than in the CM (but he likely recorded that line out of context, anyway so I hope he just didn't find the correct voice at the moment). Let's just see if the staff brings something interesting to the table.

One thing that kept bothering me, though, was Fango, the animation's limits were obvious with him. The character is obviously supposed to be flamboyant and animated, and Tsuda is doing the whole flamboyant character routine, but the animation can't catch up. Fango was so static, and it created a really distracting disconnect between sound and image.

(While we're talking about mafia anime, my favorite is probably Gungrave. To the point where I kept expecting to hear Imahori Tsuneo's BGM in this show. Sure, the mafia part of Gungrave was basically Mob Drama 101, and the revenge part was marred by the "oh yes, this is supposed to be based on a game, here's some really awkward boss fights" thing, but Harry & Brandon were absolutely excellent and they not only saved the entire show but managed to elevate it.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote