Thread: Licensed X-Men (Madhouse)
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-02, 13:40   Link #15
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Damn that sucks. That's very problematic for Madhouse and for Koike who worked like a decade on it. I still hope the DVD/Blueray sales are good, so he gets at least a little recognition.
Animators in Japan who do stuff like always experience the same result though, so I would say they pretty much expect the outcome these days. As long as they managed to get the funding to make what they wanted in the first place, I think they're happy. Look at Yuasa's various TV series, Iso's Denno Coil, and Ando's Sword of the Stranger. All are colossal flops in terms of ratings/box office, dvd/blu-ray sales, and any remote general mainstream penetration. Denno Coil was just a huge flop that Iso pretty much left the industry.

Satoshi Kon is arguably the only anime director who managed to actually find serious recognition and relative success worldwide while doing what he loves in an uncompromising and high quality way. Oh and look where that got him. Struck down by the heavens. It is clear that fate is telling us that anime does not deserve to be a serious medium, and that people should just stop trying to pretend it is. Anime = half naked girls with big boobs scrubbing each other's backs in the bath while foam covers all their sensitive regions.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote