View Single Post
Old 2012-08-08, 08:12   Link #79
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
His assumption is not incorrect.
I apologize for not using my own native language in a way that would make it clearly understandable what the intention of my utterance was. I should have said: "Your assumption that I was forgetting he messed up the last mystery is incorrect."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, now I know for certain you're grasping at straws.
Perhaps you can point to anything that would lead the viewer to believe that Mr Grumpy actually likes Chitanda as a person. Other than her sexual allure, he does not seem to have a good thought or word for her. Annoyance and disdain are the two words that most befit his attitude towards her as a person. Of course, this isn't much different than his attitude towards everyone else. Conversely, it can be said that what Chitanda admires most Mr Grumpy is his analytical abilities. So what is the only thing Mr Grumpy admires about her? Her boobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
FredFriendly confirmed for troll, 1/10.
How insulting. That should be 10/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Haha, I hope so. Jeez Fred, give Oreki a break, you're harder on him than Mayaka is.
I would be perfectly happy if his attitude toward Chitanda changed for the better, but ever since the incident in the cafe way back in episode 2 where he displayed what I consider to be unnecessarily rude behaviour toward her, I have had about the same amount of disdain for him as he constantly shows for her. It's now 14 episodes later, and his attitude towards Chitanda has not improved. If anything, he shows even more annoyance and disregard towards her as a person. He certainly does not treat her as a friend, and, especially, not as an equal. Like many members of this forum, it seems that he would be perfectly happy if she wasn't a member of the Classics Club (or didn't exist at all). Remember how annoyed he was to find her there at the beginning of episode 1? That attitude hasn't changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Just ignore FredFriendly, he's definitely a troll. He started accusing me of being a sexist and decided to go on a moral crusade at me for using the word "asshole" on the Tari Tari thread when I was describing the music teacher couple of episodes back.
Huh? Utter hogwash! I never accused you of being a sexist. Even the moderator agreed that you used an excessive amount of swearing in your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticPulsar View Post
How exactly is FredFriendly a troll? He brings up valid points that contribute to the discussion of this week's hyouka episode. Since when does expressing your own opinions make you a troll? He may have exaggerated things a bit but his ideas regarding this episode are valid.
Finally, another voice of reason! And welcome to animesuki forums. As long as you don't express your complete disgust with other member's favorite characters or animes (like I have a habit of doing), you probably won't get flamed.