Thread: Licensed Busō Shinki (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 12:57   Link #38
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Kitsune View Post
I'm expecting it to go from comical to a darker over-tone, especially after hearing someone from Magical Madoka helped with the show. Lovin' that Azusa is singing the ED for the show because I can loosely associate it Amagami SS. It reassures me that the quality will be up there.

Can kind of support the speculation as well of people's Magical Madoka theories with Artemis from Battle Rondo, Tempesta & Athena from Moon Angel, and Mimic from Battlemasters. Just a few more days as well...getting highly impatient.
Typically when it comes to these types of shows I find they don't ever really become more dark and complex and tend to keep their lighthearted tone throughout. Usually there's an attempt to inject drama, but it never feels like the overall atmosphere of the show becomes darker, depressing and/or more nihilistic like say what happened to ZZ Gundam back in the 80's.

If there's one thing I've learned in the past 3 or so years it's that just because a show has a mecha construct and/or weapon attached to the cute girl doesn't mean it's necessarily going to be any grittier or darker at any point than if it was just cute girls sitting around eating cake. It honestly depends on whether the emphasis is on portraying an overall concept, idea and tone with the characters in the show playing a part in events that are going to actually affect and change their personalities and outlooks over time (Madoka did indeed do this quiet well) or if it is simply showcasing moe personalities going through checklist events (getting to know their "handler", going to the beach, taking a bath, trying to cook etc.) and the expectation is that the viewer just gravitates towards whichever personality they prefer the most and that's that.

Anyway somehow I get the sense that this is definitely one that's going to fit into showcasing moe personalities going through checklist events.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote