View Single Post
Old 2017-02-15, 17:43   Link #202
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Cecilia hardly count as Minor character, she is teacher (and potential wife) of Roy, the protagonist. One of leaders of only country that can actually oppose Bern and also reason why it did. Not to mention she saved everyone's ass in Ostia...
Well yeah, but as far as protagonist-level goes, she's a sub-character. Her death doesn't cause a game over and all. I do feel sorry for her too, yes. But at least she is still kinda of her original character (other than apparently aging 10 years or so mentally), unlike the guy with blue hair that openly talks about sibling love and runs away spewing a line that probably came from a random boss character (probably Chapter 14 or 16's guy) that happens to just look similar to a Fire Emblem character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I considered Ephraim scene as a tongue in cheek comment regarding a lot of fans seeing his relationship with Eirika as incestuous. The game can't be more fanservice than that by just bringing stuff that a lot of people poked fun around. And I don't believe it is insulting or bad as it is just a all star game that also play tropes (a bit how Asbel is always the butt monkey with "I will protect everyone" in tales of franchise, even though it was never considered as a joke in the game proper).

I never considered Ephraim/Eirika as a possible pairing, but the way how it was portrayed in FE8 was arguably not your usual sibling relationship. Not in a romantic aspect mind you, but their attitude was definitely teasing those who are in that kind of thing.
Ironically, the way how it was worded in English makes it even more hilarious than the JP version.

As far as it goes, the game is already nonsensical for reuniting characters like that, even moreso with all the BS with Veronica controlling every world prior the MC goes in some preaching with Askr army, so I just consider the fanservice aspect of the game, nothing else.
Yes, thank you very much.
And indeed, despite looking around the web, there are very few if not none that will defend Ephraim's character. I only see defenses of the game itself, be it "You shouldn't criticize the game!" or in this case, "That's just the way the game is!"
Because you can't defend a character who clearly acts different then from his original game.

PS: Oh, and I think he (nor Erika) doesn't have the very, very, very important bracelet that he is supposed to be wearing on his arms. Kinda hard to add such important details when you are busy changing their armor design, no?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2017-02-15 at 18:57.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote