View Single Post
Old 2010-05-27, 02:35   Link #906
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I really only have 2 series' that are my "favorites" but I'll list 3 honorable mentions as well.

Honorable Mentions:

5. Clannad - Great outlook on the aspects of living a normal life while going through your highschool years and making you consider how you'd shape your future afterwards. Also the dramatic moments are quite divine. Key's series' seems to have a knack for it.~

4. Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann - There's not much about this series I paticularily like as after Kamina died I found it started to go downhill pretty quickly, but I've never seen a another anime give me such entertaining, epic and awesome action scenes as this one did.~

3. K-ON!! - Unlike other slice of life anime like Lucky Star or Haruhi, this one actually manages to make me laugh. Probably because I can compare myself and people I know with these characters, and when together we usually converse in very similar ways. I love funny things so this one is awesome.~

Favorites:

2. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - This is the series responsible for getting me into manga and anime in the first place, and therefore will always be one of my favorites. I really enjoyed the mysterious and sometimes threatening air the series takes while not completely shoving it in your face and takes a funny and lighthearted air now and then to do just that. The mystery of what happened and wanting to find it out is also one of the driving factors for this series as it sparked my curiousity quite greatly.

1. One Piece - This series just seems to contain everything I love. Cartoony slapstick humour, creative and memorable characters, a plot which manages to stay fresh and interesting, well excecuted character development and relationships and the fact it's something I can look forward to every week and not have to worry about ending anytime soon. I also find it a relief from the "pretty" anime drawing styles from time to time, but that's not really important. All in all this series just amazing and rightfully deserves the top spot on my list.