View Single Post
Old 2011-01-08, 15:24   Link #28
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post

Yes it is a wallpaper I just added some lighting effects and some other tools (blur, dodge, brushes etc). And yest it is allowed to use some finished pics, it is frown upon if you only crop it. But as long as you add some stuff of yours in it it's fine. Many do this, I believe you did the same thing with your cyberpunk/steampunk entry (if my memory serves me right) Also how do we do sigs for some members that only post pics? We crop them and then change the outlook of the part we cropped.

Well I think the problem is that at least I personally can't see what has been changed when I compare the source and the signature you made. When people make signatures from pictures, they usually change it so drastically that it can actually be called something else than just a cropped picture. Like change background / different color etc.

But maybe it is just me that I can't see the difference since I'm not a sig maker.

For text, like I said I like the text on the right side, so I feel the SOTM text should be something like it even if not with the same font. Two completely different looking fonts just look weird.