View Single Post
Old 2011-01-28, 16:36   Link #139
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

I was thinking about what 'Sayaka and Madoka's divided paths mean. Now it is pretty much clear that Sayaka will face endless despair through her entire journey towards the death.

Madoka was crying during the entire episode, but that also means that she 'accepted the reality'. She knows how cruel being mahou shoujo is, and decided to follow her rational judgement. However, Sayaka was 'escaping' from this truth. She did not want to talk about Mami's death when Madoka asked at first. She was also pretending to be cheerful and Madoka could not hide her feeling. That's the difference between them.

and Sayaka's wish... was not truthful. What she truly wants is 'NOT' curing Kamijou. Her true wish is 'Kamijou playing violin for HER'. We all remember how Mami said, 'think careful when you choose wish, it has to come from your heart'. Sayaka's wish WASN'T. She denied her inner desire and decided to ignore the situation. What will happen to Kamijou? Before the accident, him and Sayaka's relationship had absolutely nothing. Sayaka was Kamijou's mere audience, and that was the reality. Due to the accident, now Sayaka finally had the upper hand, and inner-self of her was actually happy that she can meet him personally. After the cure, Kamijou will go back to his usual-self as a prodigious performer, Sayaka will be 'FORGOTTEN', just like Mami was. With this endless despair, Sayaka will have to risk her life against witches or Kyoko.

"there are magic and miracle. But there are also reality"