Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-12, 03:55   Link #91
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Actually, WC3 wasn't going to have any base building/resource harvesting aspect in it till much later in it's development. The original warcraft 3 was more about micromanaging a set of army. IIRC, you could only control your army indirectly through your heroes. I guess they revamped the system to a more familiar gameplay for the usual RTS fans over new ideas.

Actually, i rather they come up with a new RTS gameplay for SC2 instead of sticking to the tried and true method. Otherwise, it's going to end up as a warcraft in space (which Starcraft was first ridiculed for).
Regardless of what would be new in SC2, if they just copy WC3's hero system then it would be just Warcraft in space. It is Starcraft, thus it should be allowed to be different from Warcraft.

Frankly, to me Starcraft means a complex and well balanced RTS with multiple options and means of playing for everyone. But it still needs to be a strategy game, not an RPG. There is a market for innovative games, but that is no reason to leave those of us who want good solid RTS in the dirt.

I own both WC3 and SC. But SC is the only game I am still playing, because WC3 is simply a far different game and not at all a substitute to SC. There is a market for an updated Starcraft, and SC2, with its name sake, should make sure to not let us down.