View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 01:06   Link #53
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Hey, I'm not going quite that far.

I'm not implying that he's "using" the Order as he stated then and there, no...just that I'm not sure at least part of him didn't temporarily go into "and so what if I am?"-mode, not necessarily out of friendship and sacrifice but out of pride or even hubris. He's in a tough spot and didn't want to spend time to explain himself. Even if just momentarily. Again, I'm waiting on more R2 info, if applicable.
I'd say that's what he was doing while addressing Suzaku, disjointedly stating all the things he believes and trying to do everything he possibly can to get Suzaku to help him save Nunnally, even going so far as to tell Suzaku to go ahead and shoot him and sticking a fake bomb on his chest. But of course, he lost because he assumed Suzaku was still thinking under the pretenses of "the world can be changed with pretty words alone", when Suzaku was in fact more than willing to simply immobilize him and use him as a bartering chip. >_>

But the Kallen section is pure kneejerk reaction to absolve her of responsibilty. "I'm evil, so you don't have to feel guilty for any of what happened or anything that's about to take place"

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-04-10 at 01:24.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote