View Single Post
Old 2008-09-29, 07:05   Link #2284
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezegeass View Post
i wonder what everyone was thinking when lelouch died, even the prisoners looked like they were freaking out right before zero ran him through with the sword. I don't know if they were hyped to see zero or sad to see lelouch get killed.

As for if lelouch is dead...i know i posted this earlier, but i'll post it again since this thread fills up with new posts so rapidly for some more responses.

Lelouch is, most definitely, alive at the end of the show. As several others have mentioned, it would appear that cc's code was transferred to lelouch upon his death, which also triggered the memory transfer to nunnaly, similar to how cc transferred to lelouch's in an earlier episode. Someone brought up that no real pact was made to justify such a transfer, but then again, i don't believe we're ever told that such a pact is necessary for a code to transfer. Others have stated that transferring code means the previous owner dies; false. Transferring code only means the previous owner becomes mortal. Vv died because of sustaining mortal injuries prior to transferring that killed him after transferring, and the nun died of her own will. Finally, the intentional blocking of the driver's features, his gentleman-style clothing which does not befit a farmer, and the intentional camera pan up purposely revealing a side of the driver are far too obvious nods to an identity being kept hidden. Cc is speaking to him, and as said earlier (rough paraphrasing here): "geass, the power of kings, causes isolation to its user...well, i guess that's not entirely true, eh lelouch?". She even tilts her head up slightly as if speaking to the person in front of the cart. The signs were subtle enough to make it not blatantly seem that lelouch was still alive, but enough to spot for those who looked twice for them.

Keypoints here:
-code transfer for lelouch immortality
-code transfer doesn't mean previous owner dies, just becomes mortal
-blocking of driver's features and camera pan close up on driver's side too intentional, not a technique one uses for an obscure no-name cart driver
-cc's final line, directed towards lelouch, about geass not causing isolation after all
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

Maybe your over thinking things a tiny bit? I mean i finally get a anime with a satisfactory ending and you wanna make speculations that lulu is alive...

Well anyhow if he's alive or not i don't want another season it ended better then any anime i've seen other then evangellion.

And i don't believe V.V lost his memory he kinda just died.