View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 22:48   Link #40
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I'm actually wondering as to what made Air, Kanon, Clannad, Little Busters! and Rewrite so great. As visual novels I mean.

What is it that Key tries to appeal to more? I mean what do people who play the VN remember them most by? The laughs or the laughter?

I certainly remember Clannad with its incessant laughing moments (Afterstory was not done by the time I had translated it, I still have it stowed away... maybe up for a reinstall)... Little Busters! ? I remember the training and the unending laughter and antics from everyone... but then Refrain came...

Angel Beats! has chances to make us all bawl like babies and have us laughing our guts out... Of course I expect a mix from this, but I still wonder what it is that makes Key works so addictive?

And will they be looking at the same formula to make it great? Jun Maeda is of course the writer of all the beforementioned works...

So, What would you say you appreciated most of Maeda's past works? And AB! as a whole, and what do you mostly expect to see in a possible VN adaption?

Personally... Characters. CHARACTERS. There were so many characters... Just with GirlDeMo alone you have 5 chicks which can work as a great romance plot for the VN, Then Yuri, Tenshi, Shiina, etc...

PLUS all the Bromance between the rest of the SSS members. If a route is made for each one of them we are looking at at least 25 routes.

That's... a lot

Niker

PS: I'm looking forward to a lot of mini-games. AB! Will literally allow Maeda to go crazy on it. ie: Yurippe's punishments... Shooting games, Baseball...

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote