View Single Post
Old 2013-06-13, 10:41   Link #182
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadallin View Post
Alright this is way out there in epileptic trees land, but, how do we know that isn't precisely what's happened to the Galactic Alliance as a whole?

Who runs the galactic alliance? What if its just AIs in some Asimov style Laws of Robotics situation? Their AIs can think for themselves and in a highly self serving fashion.

"You, a machine, are telling me, a human, what to do?"

Indeed. Chamber decided to do it, what if (at any point in the implied previous thousands of years), the AIs of the machine calibres decided it was necessary to protect humanity?
Yes it is quite possible that some super A.I. is running the Alliance, after having the same conclusion that Chamber had. One thing stands out for me after Chamber's speech is that this A.I. is pretty damn smart, so why did it still need a pilot to fight? Do the Alliance think human must fight on the front line against Hideauze to prove that they are equal, for this "human dignity" thing? Or to avoid the A.I. to conclude that they are the next evolution or successor of humanity, should they win the war without human?