Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2015-01-20, 22:31   Link #35448
Cosmic Eagle
『青い空』、きっとキレイなんだろうなぁ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
I know a 90 year old Dutch Jewish lady who lives in my neighbourhood who still gets compensation money from the German government, and she wasn't even in any of the concentration camps. Her family fled to England during the invasion of Holland, they survived there and came back after the war. She told me that the German government approached her family and wanted to pay for emotional trauma.. They went to that kind of length to apologies for the past.

From what I read here Japan can't be compared to something like this. And having lived In Japan for some time I can kind of understand that. While I know very little about politics in Japan, I did notice this: "well.. what happen, happend. It can't be helped right? ohh well.." that is the kind of mindset they have towards a lot of local issues, I won't be surprised if they approach foreign issues the same way.
Japanese money funded a staggering amount of infrastructure not just in PRC but elsewhere throughout the whole region down to SEA....It's just not as high profile as the German compensations even if the amount is much much greater. So....they suck at putting on a show for outside observers I guess..

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を