Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-08, 01:43   Link #14064
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Europe will but US debt and the US will buy European Debt.

as for my evil pan. Buy a lot of property not for short term flip but as long term investment with the renters paying for the cost of me owning.
Actually europe already has a lot of US debt (private debt). Its not as senseless a strategy as it sounds. Obama (or one his aides) fears that these toxic assets are fire sold in the USA when europe goes bust (this would damage the fragile balance of trust in the debt-laden system). Whats even worse is when the euro is devalued because of a complete loss of trust in the currency. This means the USA suddenly has two Chinas to compete with, one (the real one) that produces the lower tech goods and another one that produces the higher tech goods at low costs that cannot be achieved in a US$ based economy. A strong euro is in the very interest of Obama and his strategy to increase the export of the US economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
I think the system Kamui4356 was talking about is "Trophy".

not the counter artillery "Iron dome" system.
Trophy will not counter an attack, only defect the agressor charge not the agressor itself (Iron dome can be used to track back the agressor, and I think it could even neutralize it). By this definition if he was implying the Trophy system is similar to the system in the news article (which I was claiming works in laboratory conditions and is prone for friendly fire in the field) its like comparing apples with pears.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-06-08 at 02:03.