View Single Post
Old 2012-03-06, 04:55   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I see no reason to assume Chibiki is 100% correct here, and I'm still treating what he says as theoretical and not factual. He might be right about Nakao, he might not - and the fact remains that the actual death occurred outside Yomiyama.

Where's Gregory House when you need him?
True, we can't be sure his theory is right. However, it's a very solid theory backed up by real evidence (autopsy of his corpse) and it added up to what we witnessed last week, so I believe he is most likely right.

There is also the possibility he is lying, but I don't see what he would gain by doing so, especially since he only shared his findings with Mei and Kouichi, both of whom are unlikely to recklessly spread the information everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
You wouldn't believe how right you are. The music and the sound effects were absolutely spot on. I could feel the shivers down my spine.

...and what makes you think Mei was trolling...? Get yourself a pair of bassy headphones, I suggest...
The sound effects and the music are one of the best aspect of the series. In fact, I'd go as far as to say I hadn't seen a show with such fantastic sound direction in a very long time.

And...w-what...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Count me in the camp who strongly suspects that Izumi is the Another. Why else would she be so hellbent on finding a way to stop the Calamity? Everyone's been assuming that the Another is malicious and responsible for the Calamity. What if it's exactly the opposite? What if the Another comes back because he or she is looking for a way to stop the Calamity from occurring again? Izumi's insistence that she knows Kouichi from somewhere really places her under the most suspicion at this point.

It's almost amusing that Izumi is constantly giving Mei the stink-eye now, it's as if she suspects that Mei knows way more than she's letting on. A really long time ago in this show, Mei told Kouichi that her doll's eye lets her see things which should be unseen. If Izumi suspects that Mei knows she is the Another, she might be suspicious of Mei's motives, since Mei has thus far not given even the slightest indication about what knowledge she is seemingly hiding. Mei always seems so certain that nothing will happen to her, and is so detached as to almost be a disinterested bystander as the various people get gruesomely killed around her. She doesn't even count Kouichi among the immune, only herself.
It's pretty easy to understand why she wants to stop the calamity: she's the head of countermeasures and she failed at her job, therefore, she feels what is happening is partly her responsibility. Moreover, I doubt seeing her classmates die one by one amuses her. There are two types of people in that class: the ones too terrified to do anything other than hope they'll be spared, and the ones with balls like Akazawa who refuse to sit on their ass and wait for death. Incidentally, Kouichi is even more desperate than her to stop the Calamity, for similar reasons.

If I were in her place, I'd suspect Mei too. It's weird that she happened to go to the same beach as them, and she's always acting so cryptic... In the eyes of everyone save Kouichi, she must seem like the most suspicious person in class.