View Single Post
Old 2020-11-18, 20:21   Link #28
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Played about 25+ hours since last week.

This is definitely the biggest AC game (at least in terms of land mass size). First of all, I think the graphics is absolutely gorgeous, especially on the new next gen consoles. I haven't explored all the maps yet but England so far is the largest one with many different regions.

The settlement system adds a lot of diversity to the game including fishing, hunting, recruiting for raids, etc. I'm also rather entertained by some of the minigames including Orlog dice and drinking games. There's also the return of killing order members (similar system to AC Odyssey). One important thing I noticed is that there aren't too many weapons compared to Odyssey. The weapons and gear you get early on is upgradable and you're able to customize them with resources later on.

The skill tree is also expanded that you get an overall "power" level with 2 skill points every time you level. There's also three paths you can choose - melee, ranged, and one that fits the role of stealth/assassin. Oh and that means hidden blade returns.

Perhaps the most entertaining new feature I find in this game is the "Mysteries", replacing side quests. Most of them are short but Ubisoft added a lot of humor and personality to the NPCs involved in them. Every mystery is unique and requires the player to perform specific tasks. There's also quite a lot of them, at least over 100+ from what I've heard. I'm not sure how long the main story is but this seems to be a very long game. (with season pass and free content in the future). Do I enjoy Valhalla? Definitely.
My problem with Origins is that it was too big. I heard Odyssey was even bigger. Sounds like Valhalla is yet bigger. Kind of a turnoff for me at some point.

Out of curiosity, did you play Ghosts of Tsushima? I'm thinking of getting that if it's in any Black Friday/Holiday sales. Wondering how that compares in terms of size of the game, as I said the larger the AC games got recently the less appealing they were to me.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote