View Single Post
Old 2008-12-09, 18:43   Link #84
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I think Vexx nailed it for me: Kannagi is too short a series for this. I would have enjoyed it in a longer series, but knowing that we only have a couple weeks left, I have to wonder what purpose it serves. When I say Jin should have stayed with the Lucky Star cast, I mean that Kannagi has become in its own way a new Lucky Star: Character-driven, otaku-centered, with quick situation comedy. If there was a story - and it seemed like it, at a time - it seems to have been left for dead. I can't see them doing anything to the relationships or the whole kami thing now - there just isn't room for it without feeling rushed or forced. So let them just stay with Lucky Star for the rest of the episodes - it was one of my favorites anyway, but very different from what I had expected of Kannagi.
aye, at this point I'd rather see them finish out on fillers than try to "resolve" anything in terms of the Kami Problem or even relationships ..... they've just now established the conundrum. I'd like to think the writing team just got word there's a second season in the offing and to stall til they reframe the story arcs.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-12-09 at 19:00.