View Single Post
Old 2009-01-22, 13:01   Link #60
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
I would have to disagree with you. Alto in the first couple of episodes had no interest in Ranka, and seriously how could he? Just because a guy talks to a girl does not make him romantically interested in her. Its not that it was subtle it just was not there. He treated her more like a friend, and little sister than as a love interest, and even though that is interest it is not romantically charged.

The its not just that Alto and Sheryl's relationship is mature, but it was also mutual, and had chemistry unlike with Ranka. It also might be because of the fact that Ranka just seems too immature to be in a relationship, that and her reliance on Alto is highly unhealthy, and in my opinion is one of the things that help to ruin her character.

Personally though my favorite was Klan Klan(I refuse to use the official spelling) and Michael. Their relationship was one that in my opinion was the most dynamic, and in terms of their behavior made the most sense. You could see that Michael for all of his teasing and flirting really loved Klan, and in retrospect probably only flirted around with other girls not just because he couldn't really do with Klan because of her condition, and was frustrated by it, which is why he pushes Alto in the love department so much, because of his own inability to express his love for Klan.
You just contradicted yourself. I disagree, Alto did have interest and whether it was romantically charged is a debate all on it's own but I'd rather not get into that since I've already said what I wanted to say earlier in the old romance thread. I can't truly say that Alto's and Sheryl's relationship was mutual based on the series because Alto only took notice to Sheryl once it was revealed that she was dying, while earlier in the series he was irritated at Sheryl and her advances, of course I'm not denying that they could end up a couple but I'm just not sold on it being mutual. You can look at both sides of the coin but nothing was proved in the end. Ranka asks for support, she doesn't completely rely on others in my opinion but if you see it that way, that's fine as well.

I also disagree with Alto and Ranka not having any chemistry. Chemistry doesn't just involve romance, but as a friend as well. In the beginning I would have to agree that both Alto and Ranka had chemistry as friends, they would talk to each other and Alto would help by supporting Ranka. They had good chemistry, otherwise they wouldn't be friends. As for the chemistry in romance, well I think you can say that Alto began to be aware of Ranka romantically from episodes 12-15.

Klang Klang? lol I agree here, they're relationship was revealed to be profound after Michel opened up on the roof. I did enjoy every bit of their relationship, from the constant teasing, all the way to the fighting.