View Single Post
Old 2011-10-03, 10:47   Link #136
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I don't agree with the idea that the plot hasn't progressed much -- maybe not in the grand scheme of things, but I simply prefer this deep focus on characters rather then big huge world-changing events going on; even when their is both, it's okay, but if you think back to, say, when Raciella first awoke, their wasn't much to talk about at all, because it was just all fighting, which I'm not a fan of.

Waiting on the english to come out, but if Weis' on Hysteria's dialog is true (that Miria's combat is extremely crude), then it only pushes the parallels to Claire vs Rigardo even further.
Not really, there 4 pages is nothing like Clare vs Rigardo... it's almost a perfectly even match. They're landing almost identical blows on each other however Hysteria's blows are scoring slightly more blood volume and occasonally landing a second minor blow. I guess we'll see if this holds true next chapter, so for now it's not a dodge vs speed contest like Clare vs Rigardo but really a battle of endurance like Miria claimed last chapter. Hysteria maybe be doing slightly more damage even now but we have no idea when either will hit there limit, Hysteria maybe a horrible healer after all and not used to being injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Perhaps his logic was, that the more cuts the person has, the more attacks it took to take the warrior down, which means said-warrior must be very powerful.

Of course, it's flawed since the warriors that, say, had their head taken cleanly like Teresa, suddenly don't look so great.
Yeah, tell me about I don't see how Dae got that stupid... but somehow apparently he did

Plot induced stupidity, I suppose but thankfully more just to hype Cassandra than something that will likely lead to Dae's downfall