View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 21:27   Link #51
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Perhaps. It could be that Kaido wasn't a yonkou back then and was considerably weaker compared to what he is today. So while Kaido grew in strength over the years, Moria declined in that aspect. Just throwing out that this may be the case.
True, you do make a fair point there. But I guess I'm just biased since we're finally getting an idea of what kind of monster was once considered a rival to the former shichibukai (plus, this is a great opportunity to shut up the "Moria is weak" crowd once and for all ).

BTW, I noticed that Law apparently didn't intend to leave B5 and Buffalo's heads in one piece after all..... since there seemed to be a time bomb on that boat (which Dofla destroyed before talking to the denden mushi). But then what was the point of leaving the denden on that boat in the first place if he was gonna blow it up!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Kaidou is secretly Hanma Baki...on an extended vacation in the OP world.

Honestly, I was thinking that Kaidou would be based more on Yujirou (the aforementioned father of Baki).

Actually, it would be all kinds of badass if the top dogs of Kaidou's crew were parodies of Baki characters. I mean, off the top of my head I can think of candidates like Orochi Doppo, Retsu Kaiou, Hanayama Kaoru, Jack Hanma..... the list goes on. Though speaking of Hanayama, I'd love to see an OP fight as insane as Hanayama vs. Speck in New Grappler Baki, but I doubt such graphic violence would fit Oda's style (still, you don't see too many fights where a dude gets his face blown from the inside out after getting bullets stuffed into his mouth).....