View Single Post
Old 2006-11-14, 16:25   Link #56
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post

Yes it only seems like some days just passed after the Uchiha Cop meeting, and this is what Confuses (It still confuses me sometimes), but The only way we could tell that 2 years pass since that day is because the Manga before already stated that Itachi Became ANBU captain at Age 13 and that the same day of the Massacre, Sasuke had the same age as when Itachi Graduated the Academy, 7 Years,

And we know that Itahci and Sasuke have around 5 Years in difference,-taking in account that they do not have the same Birth Date (Sasuke was Born in July 23rd and Itahic in June 9th), this place Itachi at 13 Years old. While Sasuke at age 7, but almost turning 8

I used this timeline before:

- Achieved Sharingan (8)
- Became Chuunin (10)
- Became ANBU (10.5) - Sasuke entered Academy (5 - 6)
- Killled Shisui (11) -Sasuke Got his first semester grades (6)
- Became ANBU captain (13 ) -Sasuke Learned Katon (7-8)
- Killed clan (13)

Yeah, I agree its the only way to make sense of it all, EXCEPT for the part where we are both confused. You might have missed it, but they Uchiha Police didn't come 2 years after, but right after with the "suicide note" and all. They found his body right afterwards and was investigating. The very natural reading of the Uchiha story places it like this, but I think we have to just let that little piece go and just assume that some time did pass.

Don't you think the suicide note and finding him dead was pretty much + the fact that right after this incident he killed everyone points to plot hole?! You gotta admit it!

Your explanation fo 10-11 is right on, but if he took the chuunin exam at the regular age ~12 or 13 all this fits - but than the chuunin exam age of 10 wouldn't fit!!!

argh! Better to stick w/ your explanation and then say there's a plot hole with a inadvertant statement by kakashi that Kishi didn't know the ramifications of.
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote