View Single Post
Old 2010-03-25, 02:29   Link #7034
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Those hints are trivial. I will only accept hints that satisfy my previous requirements as mystery buff. Any and all things suggesting a disguise or imaginary friends are unnecessary. By my requirements you must show hints that it is possible for at least one person to expose the disguise to the detective to solve the mystery in future games or your theory doesn't work! ALL mysteries must be solvable for humans on the game board
I see what you're saying now. Let me ask you this: why? Why on earth is that red text an absolute rule? To put it another way, why would Ryuukishi have written 6 games tied together if it's possible to solve each one individually? Wouldn't it make for a much larger and intricate puzzle if you had to use information from one to solve another? And be honest now: would you really rather that the openings to EP2 and EP4 were a complete and total waste of time for the actual solving of the mystery? As I've suggested, the entire point of EP5 and the gold text was to show that the magical scenes could be used as hints.

As I've said before, it's been made very clear since before the game was released that Umineko is not a standard mystery. If you go into it assuming that anything not mystery is unfair, then you've chosen the wrong series.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote