View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 09:57   Link #28744
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saorin View Post
I thought that someone had already established waaay back that it was perfectly possible for "normal" Kanon (or anyone else at that) to leave the room during the timespan Erika was sealing the windows from the outside, which is a plausible solution for the logic error...?
I discussed this briefly in my joke theory and Wanderer also brought it up, but the sealings are not a physical action Erika had to take, at least in terms of how the red treats them. The seals on the cousins' room and next room over are essentially a tacit agreement by Battler that Erika can pretend that she physically sealed the rooms, and he will inform her if those seals were ever broken. She only directly describes repairing the chain in Battler's room to re-create a "seal," and that's something which would take only a moment.

But for the location check to have any value whatsoever, Erika's retroactive room sealings (at least for the guesthouse) must occur at the time of the location check. Otherwise, as you said, the solution to the Logic Error is just "Kanon left the room before Erika finished sealing it," which is silly and something Erika should have thought about.

Basically the entire Logic Error took place within a compressed single moment even though it isn't physically possible for Erika to have sealed the two guesthouse rooms, teleported to Battler's room and repaired that chain, and then for Battler to have switched places with Kanon while Erika was distracted. We realize that these activities all took time (and largely only Erika's bathroom adventure was described in the Logic Error debate as taking any length of time), but we basically just kind of ignore them. Things like "How long did it take Kanon to get to the room Battler and Erika were in?" are basically handwaved as irrelevant values.

It's the old "spherical horse in a vacuum" joke, used for the sake of argument.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote