View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 19:36   Link #94
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Can't really speak for images, but I fail to see how Blu-rays present any improvement when it comes to sound. You can't tell the difference between wavs and mp3s anyway. The same goes for blu-ray audio.
You need a really good surround sound system to know the difference. Something like 5-7 speakers with a subwoofer. I personally do not have one of those. But I am still able to appreciate the difference.

Quote:
I do recall seeing some demonstrations of blu-ray in my local hardware store. Compared to my rips, I wasn't impressed.
Likewise for video. You cannot tell the difference by just outputting everything on a small monitor of 1280 X 720 resolution.

The truth is Blu-ray is the only media to date that can replicate the cinematic experience to a good fraction if you have the proper hardware.

Quote:
Anyway, with a good internet connection you can easily download 10-20 gb(My friend could pull that down in an hour, and so could even stream it), and the hard drive space to hold it is now super cheap. Those numbers would be too much for my terrible connection though.

If you compare to the alternative, of paying money, and spending several hours finding it in the shops, or waiting a week while waiting for it to be delivered after ordering online, a 10-20gb rip still comes out ahead, so long as your internet connection is good enough.
Not everybody has a 100mbs connection. The infrastructure is just not there.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote