View Single Post
Old 2012-09-23, 16:25   Link #122
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Asian DLC are known not to work with JP games and vice versa. You better have the DLC of the same region, otherwise you will have a nasty surprise.
Vesperia is absolutely not a good example. The issue is probably the same as Tales of Symphonia PS2 version that never came out of Japan. The reason is simple: the publisher would obviously not allow their work to be "borrowed" by anyone else, so for Vesperia PS3 to be localized, it would require Sony as the publisher to start the localization from scratches, which is seen obviously as a waste of time and money, considering how old the game is, and how people who are interested probably played the Xbox version.
The demand for such thing is drastically different if you look how publishers work for localization (Abyss is a different case, since it is Nintendo that took the initiative, a bit why Symphonia managed to get on US/EU gamecube, despite the western market hardly interested Namco at that period).
Okay, I understand that, sorry for my lack of knowledge and poor choices ofwording. It's like I said, the whole deal about localization is still new to me. It was just my own skepticism and what I've heard about localization. That's all. Once again sorry, if I say something pretty unnecessary or pointless. I'll be more careful next time.