View Single Post
Old 2008-06-13, 20:34   Link #32
escimo
Paparazzi

I'll see if I can come up with anything intelligent to say.

The Gentle Hand
It has a funny feel to it. Almost seems like the statue is trying to avoid being photographed. Those damn paparazzi...

Song of Light and Stone
The stone has very nice texture. I would increase the contrast just a bit. I think it would make it more interesting.

"Venus with Dolphin"
A bit center weighted but the lighting is very good. Seems that the conditions weren't the easiest possible.

"The Sphinx"
Lighting is very good. Nice dynamic range and balanced shade-scale. Quite a lot of noise though. You could try to reduce it a bit.

The Sphinx - Alive
Lighting is once again very successful. Blue highlights add a nice touch. Maybe a bit awkward composition though.

Dog
Nice use of depth of field. If you feel that it doesn't jeopardize the integrity of the photo you could try to clean up the background completely. Remove the other artworks and people entirely. Though it looks almost as the dog is looking at the guy in the background which is a nice effect as well.

Neptune
Concept is nice. Such a shame it's a bit jolted.

"The Grotesques"
Well... Not really nice to be honest. I kind of missed the point.

Museum in Monotone
Not bad. Though a neutral shade-scheme is not really my preference when shooting B/W. I tend to go quite low-key and exaggerate the contrast quite a bit. Play around with levels a bit and see how it comes out. By the way, did you desaturate it in photoshop or did you use a camera preset?
And thanks for the complements.

Hello Down There
Horrible lighting conditions. But you pulled it through. Managed to capture even the facial features really nicely despite of the strong counterlight.

"Boy with a Dragon"
Composition is slightly awkward. A subjects line of sight originating from the center and being directed to lower left. It would have worked a bit better if you would have placed the head of the statue a bit more to the right and ,picture being taken from a low angle, a bit higher in the frame.

"Boy with a Dragon" - Another Angle
Out of statue photos, I think this is technically the best in the bunch. Good job.

"Pluto"
Goon interesting composition. It's a bit left-weighted but the subject doesn't contradict with the composition so it's no problem. Maybe just a bit underexposed and just a bit jolted.

It's What's for Dinner
This would have made a nice picture pair if you would have taken another one with the woman as a focuspoint. None the less. Nice use of depth of field and interesting perspective.

Come Along
A bit underexposed and I would have taken a half a step to the left while taking it but, OK.

Water Sports
I like this one. Would crop it a bit. Cut about an eighth of the picture's height from the bottom and correct the crookedness of the horizon. But it has a nice down to earth, enjoying little things feel to it. A good relevant moment shot.

Arcing Fountain
A little bit too much going on, but I like these short focal length architectural shots.

The Origin
This is really good. I like the bipolarity of the shot. Vegetation on the right as a soft element and quite rugged architecture on the left as a hard element, being divided by the stream of water. It has quite a bit of urban serenity-ish feel to it.

Overall really nice batch.

Edit: And why the *beep* I can't give you cookies. Guess I need to spread some love around first...

Last edited by escimo; 2008-06-13 at 20:46.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote