View Single Post
Old 2012-10-22, 23:50   Link #5012
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It doesn't matter what Athrun is trying to do. Orb soldiers are still getting killed. So, yes, by trying to hinder Kira, Athrun is basically telling Kira that he should stop trying to prevent Orb soldiers from being killed.
Athrun's actions are practically saying that their deaths are unavoidable.That is wrong.
Death is always avoidable with Kira on the battlefield, wink wink.

No, Athrun was telling Kira to go back to ORB if he didn't want to fight (which he obviously did at the time) because Athrun was protecting the Minerva with the EAF/ORB as the clear aggressors, Athrun and Kira was trying to do the same thing, protecting people. What Kira flat out ignored was the fact that the Minerva was the defendor, not the aggressor when it came to ORB being involved. Kira let his sister's tears come before his childhood friend & his reasoning, i can udnerstand Kira wanting to protect ORB and have Cagalli talk them out of it, but to shoot down Athrun when he did nothing wrong doesnt make sense.

Quote:
Orb already allied itself with the EA. That is why Minerva had to leave Orb in the first place and why Kira decided to take Cagalli away from Orb.
I'll have to rewatch that episode, if i recall ORB hadnt signed the treaty yet with the EAF, i know they defended their territory by shooting warning shots at the Minerva.

Quote:
She failed to keep Orb neutral and she was about to let herself be tied into marriage with Yuna.
Yup, so why would her tears be able to change that?

Quote:
Okay then. I'll wait for the remaster to see when he said it after GENESIS fired, but I don't see anything wrong with the one in Alaska. It makes sense for Kira to say it then.
Oh, i never said it was wrong, i said it was hilarious in a bad way, but honestly i don't mind it, i just find it funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
It was the attack on Lacus that awakened Kira but initially he didn't want to fight at all. Enter famous " i don't want to fight, don't make me", etc. He was originally just fighting to find the truth and help end the war so he could stop fighting. At the end of Destiny, he decides to be a pro fighter and make it his job.
Of course noone wants to fight, Kira was more than ready to fight if needed though, as shown in episode 14 of Destiny.

Pro fighter? what? Kira suddenly showing up in a zaft whitecoat doesn't make him a pro fighter, seeing how hes worn all three uniforms by now, if anything he was there to watch over Lacus like he has been since they got engaged(i think? when she gave Kira the ring) in Seed.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote