Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 12:36   Link #648
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm not going to say this show is losing its way, but the relationships do seem to be lacking something, either in finesse or intensity. Things have to keep moving or I will lose the impulse to identify with the characters (except for Sawa, lol). Maybe it's just that the group's musical opportunities seem a bit haphazard, so the drive of the show is being dissipated.

I'm not necessarily looking for romance, although I do believe that the show's direction is not set in stone at this point. Romance is still possible, in various directions, although the hints so far have been pretty light. But in any case the characters' emotions and relationships seem to me to lack focus. Especially when I compare this show to Kokoro Connect.

I want to care about Konatsu's music, but her reactions in this episode didn't help. The way her emotional reaction to the Condor Queens was portrayed was not strong enough to explain, for me, her abandoning the chance to sing. So the basic emotional trajectory of the episode didn't touch me. I understand why she might have had that reaction, but I didn't feel it.

And Wakana seems to take a step forward...and then just settle back into immobility again. I'd like to see a bit more movement, even if it isn't progress. Or maybe I'd just like to see more of her so I can intuit her feelings and thoughts more clearly.

I'm also feeling that Seto Asami is taking Konatsu a bit too close to Chihaya right now. Fortunately, Konatsu is still a much lighter character, so there is still usually a different feeling.

The pieces are being moved on the chessboard, but I'm not getting the emotional hit I want from them. Nevertheless, this show is operating at a higher level than most others, and I'm still enjoying it a lot. But it's slipping behind Hyouka and Kokoro Connect, for me.

EDIT: Has anyone yet pointed out that the end credits say the big foreigner is played by ホルヘ デイアス (Horuhe Diasu) -- which looks to me like a transliteration of "Jorge Diaz." So perhaps this is an actual Spanish-speaking actor, from whichever continent (likely Spain itself). I may just have missed this in the discussion.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-23 at 12:46.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote