View Single Post
Old 2010-07-07, 01:06   Link #44
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think its an interesting example of how taste can vary in that we've got such a bipolarized split between people who like the 3 OPs and people who like the 3 EDs (but each not the other so much). Almost like a genre split or like how people tend to polarize over different types of Beatle music.

Yes, the "chipmunk" was less strong in the new OP ... my wife tends to be seriously anti-chipmunk so imagine she'll down-thumb it but will probably like the ED. The new OP's visuals are very "Monkees"-like or a bit "Help!" (Beatles) in absurdist bits.
I'm not going to judge the new OP and ED until I've heard it a few times... I initially didn't care much for "Go! Go! Maniac" and "Listen" either but they grew on me after a couple episodes. Especially the former... I seem to be one of the few people who really, really likes GGM. My girlfriend said she didn't like it, my brother and best friend were less... "charitable" in their comments. And I'm guessing my parents are just glad I use headphones, although to be honest I'm tempted to play it for them, just for a laugh.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.