View Single Post
Old 2011-11-27, 23:52   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (Love, Election, and Chocolate)

Per ANN and to be announced in the January 2012 issue of Dengeki G's magazine (streeting end-November 2011), the eroge "Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate" from brand sprite (website region-locked) will be getting an anime adaptation in 2012.

I had actually been suspecting this one for a while, given it's rather large marketing push in various ASCII MediaWorks magazines/properties.

The general premise is basically outlined in the ANN article. Yuki attends an elite private academy along with his childhood friend Chisato, and they along with some of their friends are part of a "Contemporary Food Club", which is really just a hangout where they eat snacks. But one day the leading student council president candidate, Satsuki, informs them that their club is pointless and going to be cut (along with a bunch of others) to reduce club expenses. In order to protect their club, Chisato convinces Yuki to run in the election himself. What follows is a romantic story intermixed with a heavy dose of High School politics.

This is a story where I think the theme and concept are stronger than any of the individual parts or routes, so I think it actually might be rather well-suited for an anime adaptation. Looking forward to it.

Here's the game OP/promo video:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-28 at 00:15.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote