View Single Post
Old 2009-11-24, 08:05   Link #14
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
I can't, and won't, speak for Omimon about hosting the files in any location since that's not my decision. I'm just the help

However, the reason for the apparent discrepancy is that Omimon's credit was added after my posting was made. I'm glad to see that was taken care of. I notice there isn't a PR credit, but that's hardly the first time I've had to live without one of those.

As for the method of handling future PR work, I am awaiting Omimon's decision on that. I was just explaning the method I've used with other translators and groups and why that method has some benefits. Obviously the wiki method has the benefit of making it easier for multiple people to work on a project (since you can have multiple translators and PR folks working collaboratively at one time), and provides a good way to promote an individual chapter long term as you mentioned. I am not adamently opposed to such a setup, and in fact have used Sharepoint at some client sites to allow for work on CMMI processes to be made collaboratively.

One last question. Following the link you gave for the registration page, I see Velocity7 listed for the rest of the chapters for the book. Hopefully that means those are already being worked on?

Thanks for the info!
Thanks for your reply NaweG,

(sorry about the redundant p.m. copies.work habits. )

Regarding your two questions, "PR" credits (Editorial Credits as we call them at B-T) are reflected on the main page, under the listed staff section.

At the moment, no dedicated Editor(s) has been assigned, if you do not object, I would happily list you on it for reference sake, regardless if you use the wiki or not.

In regards to the second inquiry, Velocity7 has indeed registered for the rest of Kizumonogatari. However, he has stated that his decision is still "pending", which i gather is that he is still tied up with other projects and cannot give any confirmed attention to the project.

It is a policy at Baka-Tsuki in that if you have not give a clear commitment, another translator can re-register the chapter as long as a translated script is available.

Since Velocity7 has register for more or less the rest of the volume en-mass, I sure he won't mind if he has to a little less when he has his full attention back to this project....