View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 00:32   Link #109
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
Oh my bad, what I mean is gonzo is still somewhat involved in the production despite handing the animation production to picture magic...
Saki was an interesting situation. On paper, the production studio changed, but I'm not sure if that really happened. Gonzo retained "Production Assistance" billing (which is usually assigned to the company producing an outsourced episode), so this may have been an arrangement in which Picture Magic "outsourced" production back to Gonzo. Even their Korean subsidiary continued to work on the show.

The only thing certain is that the company with "Animation Production" credit is responsible for delivering the final product.

Quote:
Wait, the PV said production is by A-1 if I'm not mistaken? Well, that changes everything...
If that's the case it's a high chance that AIC Build is still doin this but under A1...
If AIC could take the project, there would be no reason for A-1 to be involved.

Aniplex's Shinichiro Kashiwada (ex-J.C. STAFF producer; now with Aniplex on Madoka, Nisemonogatari, SAO, etc.) helped staff Oreimo, so if he's involved, they could regroup some of the original animators. Nevertheless, it isn't unusual for a different staff to work on sequels even within the same studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
OreNo was the biggest hit AIC (as a whole, not just BUILD) has had in the last 12 years, weird for them to let the series go but I'm sure it's Aniplex's call anyway.
AIC didn't join the production committee, so it's no big loss for them.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote