View Single Post
Old 2014-11-29, 20:18   Link #17
denlee

Thanks again to all of you!

Just a brief check-in.
Any news?

Just to add some stuff worth mentioning:

If you don't mind grinding your teeth a little bit due to stupid ("desperate") dialogues/character behavior every half an hour and several obnoxious high school characters, Danganronpa for PSP/PSV is pretty cool. More aimed at teenagers I'd say though (no offense intended).
Currently playing Danganronpa 2 in Japanese, more of the same stuff, not bad. Just skip stupid parts.

To The Moon (PC) is apparently a very good and short story but I haven't played it yet. And not really a VN format.

While really a long stretch from classic VNs, if you liked the Ace Attorney series, you might give Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (PC and big consoles) a try. Some of you may shout Objection! to this comparison, but I find these two games pretty similar in nature, and both very good.

Next, I want to play 428: 封鎖された渋谷で (Wii, iOS, Android). Got 40/40 in Famitsuu, and the format looks pretty interesting (actual film footage, non-anime style). I've downloaded it for my iPhone (Japanese only), but haven't actually touched it yet. Too bad the Android version doesn't work on my big Nexus 10.

Aaand I'm really looking forward to Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- (JP only); apparently very good, too. I guess I'll just buy it in Japan next year, it doesn't seem to be getting localised anytime soon.

Last edited by denlee; 2014-11-29 at 20:57.
denlee is offline   Reply With Quote