View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 10:07   Link #486
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
The most recent episode was quite eventful. Still no signs of the Strawhats, but it seems like Fishmen Island is screwed in every way possible.

Back to Jimbei versus Luffy argument, if Jimbei was stronger than Luffy, he would not have been caught so easily. Also, I base Luffy strength on his ability to defeat Vice Admirals before time skip. Hence, post time skip, he should be Admiral level.

Also, why did Jimbei even take Shirahoshi towards the plaza in the first place? That's like gifting her to them even though he knew they wanted her.

We're at our most critical point, so I expect Luffy and the crew to finally make an appearance. Also, I'm also expecting them to finally show their full post time skip training abilities, which will be exponentially better than anything shown thus far.
Are you seriously basing Jinbe's strength on the fact that he was caught thanks to Shirahoshi's stupidity? Then by that logic Luffy is much weaker because he was caught by civilian fishman a while back...

And about Luffy being admiral level just because he beat vice-admirals pre-timeskip.
First of...the difference between an admiral and a Vice-admiral has been shown to be huge, not something that Luffy should be capable of reaching in just the two years in the island.
Also, in the middle of the mess that was the war, Luffy didn't exactly wtfpwn any vice-admiral (Garp aside but we all know Garp let him) and had a ton of help.

Like I said before, if anything Luffy should be around Ace's level. Even Marco, who was pretty much WB's second in command, was only able to handle Kizaru for only a bit before getting his ass kicked. If Luffy was admiral level he'd be pretty much one of the strongest characters in One Piece, we're around the halfway point in the story, it's just bad story telling to have Luffy, who has been growing till now, suddenly be one of the top strongest.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote