View Single Post
Old 2013-10-22, 14:51   Link #2283
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Yes, and I'm also saying their work reflects on the studio as a whole.
I digress on that matter: when you have a long time director for a given studio, this assertion is indeed true (i.e: Shinbo for Shaft), but otherwise it is not the case.

Freelance directors and newcomers aren't exactly reflecting the whole studio. Otherwise, you are telling me that KyoAni is completely schizophrenic considering how certain series like LS has glaring difference in term of scenes despite being the same studio and same series.

Likewise, I really doubt you can define studio like A-1 picture considering the huge amount of directors they hire, and they aren't the only studios doing that.
On the same tangeant, you can recognize gimmicks from the same director in different series from different studio: Kishi Seiji for his persistent tendency to add gameplay gimmicks in his adaptations, Yamauchi and his retro style and peculiar animation preferences, etc etc.

Defining a studio with a director is not exactly applicable unless the said director has worked with a given studio for a certain time.
On the other hand, depending of the director, you can easily recognize their "touch" and perspective due to how a series was produced, regardless of the studio involved.