View Single Post
Old 2009-10-10, 10:46   Link #234
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Not like the game makes it any clearer. It doesn't even show the meta border during it.
It's unclear on purpose i guess, because then it can be explained by many different ways....

As mentioned before, this episode bring back the mood of EP I (back when i tried to dig out every clue i can get my eyes on). So I ended up spending the whole night trying to figure out the explanation for the repetitive world, the concept of meta-world, the real existence of Beatrice, etc.... My mind was quite deep in thought as i ate my pizza and then later washed the kitchen. (so much that i barely can remember how did i do those things).

Maria's "unnatural" death gave me a new interpretation of the situation. Maybe every new world since Ep II was not a reset, but has always been the "Golden Land".
Maybe it was not Beatrice who did the killing, but it was quite the opposite. The people of Rokkenjima was killed by someone or something.... and thanked to the "Golden Land effect", Beatrice, her magic, and all of the demons were created from the thoughts of 18(maybe not all 18) people in Rokkenjima just to explain all the mysteries there (while granting their wishes). The outcome do not change through, as Vigilia mentioned this week about how they can't interfere the game world.

For example, in this episode, Maria could actually be strangled to death by Rosa be4 Rosa was killed by something. But thank to Maria's wish from her last world, Rosa appeared to defend Maria until her death while Beatrice do the killing. Similarly, at the 1st twilight, one of the 6 "servants+ Kinzo" killed the other five before somehow was killed. But due to the "Golden Land effect", they appeared to be killed by Beatrice and the demons.
When we are not inside the Golden Land effect (and no one really believe in Beatrice), the world will similar to Ep I world where Beatrice do not randomly jump out and throw demons at people.

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-10-10 at 11:07.