View Single Post
Old 2011-02-20, 18:50   Link #7980
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
I wouldn't call rolfstomping mooks interesting in the slightest. She's a powerful character, but she's not 'broken' powerful so she's about as useful as a lead weight when it concerns antagonists Touma actually fights. She would do her best to help as a background/supporting character (like what she did in Volume 22), but she can never be in the spotlight with the current abilities she possesses.
So the only reason a powerful character should get action is if they're broken powerful? Huh? This whole part reaks of "makes no sense."

Quote:
Hell let's say she was actually involved in the events of Volume 13 besides beating up on mooks (yeah Hound Dogs are mooks in the grand scheme of things) and actually fought Vento and maybe even Fuse. Well for one thing she won't accomplish jack besides get lolowned by Divine Punishment. Useful, right?
Except you're not considering that Mikoto would try to help regardless, and furthermore she wouldn't be going into the fight knowing about Divine Punishment in the first place. You're relying entirely too much on out-of-series and "calling the score after the game is over" reasons.

Quote:
She's 'protected' because her personality will end up getting her killed. Still helping out even if she is a Level 0? That's the kind of mindset that will get you killed. She's pretty much like Touma except without IB and hey IB is pretty much the main reason the guy can survive his fights against 'broken' characters.
Well she's not a Level 0 and is instead a powerful Level 5, so......
And yet characters like Itsuwa and Kaori, characters without IB, get to help him out in fights. It makes no sense why Mikoto is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
1.what i mean though is index too is there but touma keeps her out of it.
2.Like i said the author gives enough mikoto when necessary,too much of something is bad, as for when mikoto is next to the fights like i say its gonna be one of those "help out once help out all the time things". Touma and mikoto together is like a war machine. He blocks the attack like an ultimate shield and she shoots a fukn railgun. Its a hax/broken team. The author probably doesn't want much of this I mean heck all season people complained cuz they find touma overpowered even though his power is fair but he KOs people in 1 hit.
3. Reason why Touma doesn't appear in railgun is because he's not a part of the story while mikoto is a character and a main one at that in index. Its not his fault someone wanted to make a different story. Only time action happened in railgun with touma was when mikoto wanted to fight him like twice. In the manga he's there for the SISTERs arc but its a crossover.
1. Which is also a forced problem this series has; why would Index and Mikoto listen to Touma and stay away? What's he going to do to stop them?
2. Again, I'm not saying Mikoto should be in every arc, but it's dumb and ridiculous that she keeps getting forced out by Kamachi's "convenient" developments/events when she is there.
You're seriously overestimating Mikoto still; she would not make Touma invinceable. She's powerful, but she's not a steamroller.
Amusingly enough others like Wilfriback say she's not powerful enough, and would just get killed. Sounds like you and guys like him are in conflict on reasoning. She can't be both too strong and too weak. (I don't think she's either, of course)
3. You're missing the point entirely; how often Touma appears in Railgun is irrelevant. It's the fact that he gets to do something every time he appears during/around a fight in Railgun, while Mikoto is just there on the sidelines every time she appears in Index. His first appearnace saw a duel between the. And you're forgetting about the next time he appeared, when he save Mikot and that girl from the teddy bear bomb; short but largely significant, in contrast to Mikoto who gets nothing done in Index.

Quote:
I think its more that people want 2 strong characters instead of lets work together. Im sorry but lets work together is one of those gay quotes in stories. Anyway that why touma and mikoto go together Cool guy+cool girl=cool couple.
Err, "let's work together" is "teamwork," the basis of any even remotely effective strategy/mindset. If you think a teamwork mindset is gay, then.........well, you're not thinking right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
She does, but not when it comes to the world Touma lives in. She has her own gaiden that allows her to be the hero of her own little bubble...shouldn't that be enough for fans? She served no real purpose in Index besides the SISTERS arc...so yeah maybe NT she'll do something...still Index though so I doubt it.

I don't mind if Kamachi still keeps shoving Mikoto into the story just to please the fans, but for the love of god he better not have her pull some ridiculous crap just to cave in to fan demands. That's just horrid writing right there. Already have a Shiage pulling that one...
You're also missing the point here.....
Why does everybody keep fixating on Railgun? I doubt Touma and Mikoto are thinking about how Mikoto has her own sidestory......
It's horrid writing that's keeping her out of action that's happening right next to her. Need to keep her from running into Sherry Cromwell? Have Touma and Kuorko get mixed up priorities and leave the defenseless girl in harm's way while getting the Level 5 out. Want to keep them away again? Have Sphinx suddenly run away for no reason to seperate Mikoto from Index. Plot holes/forced reasoning. And the list only gets worse later in the series.