View Single Post
Old 2007-05-09, 00:08   Link #13
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
First of all, thanks for creating this thread, Skyfall! You shall have cookies from me very soon. =3

May I add?
  • Try to have the character as realistic as possible in term of ability and magic usage (example: she might get easily tired after casting a powerful area-affect spell).
  • If possible, try not posting too many characters in one post. I bet some of us will already have ideas, but please let anyone else discuss.

So, Kha, your character appears 10 years after StrikerS? I really like the setting and her background (miko? That's fairly new to me, at least in Nanoha Universe). Oh, yeah, I manage to notice the reference to Tsubasa Chronicles .

Interesting. I'd like to see how far she can go.

p/s: would like to post the aces of Belkan Knighthood (A's Combat) but not sure if it can be done @__@
Well someone's done it so its okay.

A bit more on Background:

This Nanoka is a loli spinoff of an older char who appears in another fic of mine, Mobile Angel Reiya, which is set in another universe, but the same multiverse. I've always wanted to do a backstory on her, and this thread gave me the idea to get started.

For Nanoka's father's tribe, (he's still unnamed, I need a name for him) I was thinking about a traditional Japanese society existing in MC, like the German Velka group that arose on the planet. They are human, but due to some morphological differences, like pointed ears, they call themselves Eta, meaning "descendents of gods" in their tongue, and hence have a low opinion of other races. Human-Eta relationships are frowned upon. And worst off are the Half-Eta children like Nanoka; to them Half-Eta seem like defiled atrocities. Ironically, the Moriyama twins have an incredibly rare Eta trait, the "lopped ear", meaning they have their ears all furry and sticking straight out the sides of their heads. Culturally, that means that they share the ears of the Starseer Teana who supposedly brought the Eta to Mid-childa eons ago. That trait is also considered sexy in Eta tastes, so you can imagine the irony when both of them drop by the village for the first time.

Nanoka knows transformation magic to turn her ears to those of a human, and so her lopped ears only appear when she unseals Pluma Holi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Kha!! I was about to post my character! Good thing I decided to refresh the page before posting.

Your character seems like Nanoha and Yuuno's daughter (or even Erio and Caro's ). lol And the fact that she's Suzuka's daughter caught me completely off guard.

Wings of Pain seems kind of out of character for Nanoka. I dont think she's the type who would make other people suffer.

Nanoha Scrya, huh? Knowing you, you just HAD to include that. lol

Nice character overall. Definitely a Priest-type, with a... dangerous hidden spell.
Yeah well if you look at all my Nanoha Files fics, the intro is often done by one "Lt. Comm. Nanoha Scrya".

Wind of Pain does feel weird. Maybe Wind of Confusion, such that it is a bind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
I suppose this would be a cross post, maybe I should remove the other one in the fanfiction thread. I was intent on being the first to share a character, however I was stuck when arriving upon the "Alignment" value. I had to force myself to remember the RPGs I had played and look up their descriptions. Anyway in the end I decided to toss it out the window.

A small note, I intend to place this character in a potential work called "The Bureau (working title)"
Spoiler for Setsuya Amemiya, the Soul Assassin:

I like the character Kha, and the wrinkles you've put in place. Unfortunately while I enjoy mahou shoujo I don't make myself watch/read much of it so many of the references went right over my head. I can't really offer much in the way of advice right now, sorry.
No prob man. A nice and dark character you got. The interactions with Riot 6 is definitely going to be problematic. And I see a fic of him being assigned to work on the same case as the Riot 6 due to his AAMF specialty, and literally sparks flying all over. There's potential to make a powerful story out of that for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
I like most of it but... that height is crazy. That'd be tall at twice that age.
Huh? ARGH!!! I shrunk her, but forgot her body specs!!! Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85 View Post
wow impressive work^^ I love it. Much thought went into I see. LOve the idea of the timid uber type, afraid of her own power. I'm so gonna come up with a character of my own when I can come up with something that fits my idea^^ lol Team Mentor: Nanoha Scrya huh^^ better be careful or you'll start the war again^^

alright *heads of to put together character bio*

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I think Nanoka is very well-developed for her age

Okay, time for mine.

Spoiler for length:

Note the reference to Mustang, Miata and Vios cars.

It was done in under 1 hour. Believe me, my head feels aching while writing down her biography . Feedbacks?
It's in fashion to boost huh? Even the Kha mentioned in my post is also one, albeit he's so broken cos he's good at shielding, boosting, tanking with shield off while only suffering from lack of options in the damage department (One melee an 1 ranged attack, unless you count his shield tricks.)

Yes I forgot about that. *EDITS*

No not bad. BTW I saw Mustang, then I saw Gen. Armstrong, then I went, "are you sure it's just cars?" lol