View Single Post
Old 2008-08-20, 03:53   Link #44
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just create a content disclaimer such as "Any post found in this forum, may contain spoilers and content you may find objectionable. Therefore, you will read any post here AT YOUR OWN RISK! " as seen
Labeling the whole forum as one big spoiler strikes me as something quite silly.

Where would anime only fans go?

Manga and games already have their threads, so why give the boot to everyone else that doesn't follow these? As it stands, it would be easier for manga readers and gamers to be more careful in their posts outside the corresponding threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Also, why does it matter if someone "spoils" a show for someone else, I myself am not affected by "spoilers"? After all reading about some event in a show and SEEING the event yourself are two completely different "animals".
It's your opinion and I respect it. At the same time, I totally disagree with it.

Seeing how the story unfolds and develops, is the be all end all of a lot of shows out there (not all, btw). Someone spoiling something important beforehand simply kills a lot of the fun for people that are only interested in the anime version of the show at hand.

If people want to talk about the manga or game related to a show, they can always do it in the corresponding threads.