View Single Post
Old 2013-01-12, 17:49   Link #128
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Also, another question, how about a serious fight which supposed to result in a drama (like, for example, the sadness during the action in which you have to fight and kill you brainwashed friend)? Wouldn’t adding sexual fanservice into that kind of fighting scene will only break the “sadness” mood or drama?

For example:
Spoiler for My scenario:
I don’t know about you guys, but I will find “fanservice shots” in that kind of scenario disturbing .
See this fictional example just basically highlights the degree to which this sticks out to you. I mean, even in your example, you've separated out each item after the dialogue, explained it in the most blunt of terms, and put it in bold text. In so doing, you've created another straw man. I don't think very many shows would do it that way, and so dramatically alternate between serious content and "fanservice" in the same scene (unless, I suppose, they were trying to make a very specific form of commentary). Rather, it's more likely that, due to established reasons, the whole scene would occur with the two heroines in some state of undress and whatever "fanservice" there would just be one component of the scene. It wouldn't alternate awkwardly between two incompatible elements because, fundamentally, the two elements would tied together seamlessly into the scene; it's not just "adding sexual fanservice" as if it were mixing oil and water.

If your argument is that there is no way to blend the two elements into the same scene seamlessly, then it's like sensuality has become completely disconnected from the rest of your senses and emotions, and that doesn't seem logical to me. That doesn't mean that there wouldn't be ways to do it poorly and that cause things to stand out in a bad way... but I'm not sure if it's natural for the human body to be that taboo.