Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 07:59   Link #25001
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Suicide? Poisioning by M.I.5 or M.I.6? Retribution by some berserk fan of the Royal Family? Or just natural causes? In good faith I'll assume the last of these, though the juxtaposition of events is striking. And why is the death still "unexplained" after twelve hours or so? Waiting on the Medical Examiner's report? If so, the cause of death must not be obvious.
Those were my first thoughts when reading the initial articles after hearing the news on the BBC World Service. I kept thinking, hang on, I must have missed something. Then, after re-reading the articles, I realised it wasn't me — there really were no explanations for the death of the nurse.

So why then are the DJs implicated?

Their prank was stupid, in poor taste and insensitive. Coming as it did in the wake of the Leveson report in Britain, it highlights again the need for media professionals to take a good hard look at the way they operate. But why are the DJs suddenly treated like pariahs when there doesn't seem to be any link between their prank and the nurse's death, other than unfortunate timing?