View Single Post
Old 2008-07-11, 21:32   Link #1015
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Pretty much. If anyone ever tries to say something positive about C.C., even if it's just speculation, you're always there to rip it all apart.
What did I rip apart in my last post? I only saw me giving very sidelined comments about what people are saying.

But, since you insist, here I'll rip apart Asleep: (No I won't, just thought I'd reply.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Like seiji said all the romance in S2 has been from Kallen's side. She undoubtedly has feelings for Lelouch. But he hasn't reciprocated at all. He would have done the same thing, even if it were Shirley,Milly (or even Nina for that matter), so telling he will come to save her is no love declaration.
To be perfectly fair, all romance from any season from any perceived angle of reality has been from the females side. As for the declaration, it's hard to apply it to uninvolved characters and say the result would have been the same. I doubt it would have been. Kallen is(was) in serious danger from her predicament, what danger could possibly come to those you mentioned? I'm not calling it a declaration of love, as it would be stupid to do so, but it is the first instance in this season (and only one) where we saw Zero and Lelouch begin to mold into one person. If you haven't noticed, that's a pretty big theme in this season and has been getting developed mostly through Kallen's interaction with him.

And since I really love the word, it is a foreshadowing element. But take that as you will as I have no intention of going on a tirade about what will happen.

Quote:
And Kallen is one of the main characters. But the key words here are one of the main How is she the heroine of the show, when she has barely had one line to speak since she was imprisoned?
Your logic failed/my brain exploded when you mentioned line counts. C.C. hasn't spoken since Kallen was captured (mostly) either. Heck, she hasn't spoken for most of this season. Does that make her not the main heroine either?

There is no main heroine in this Season as Kaguya made painfully obvious, as all women in Lelouch's life are important and have their own role. The main heroine is all of them.

Quote:
From the previous episode, the way Lelou was practically begging for her to live on, he must surely have been in love with her?
No. I tend to beg people to not die when they are close friends of mine, doesn't mean that I want to jump in the sack with them or profess some sort of undying love. The grief of a moment like that can be perversely skewed and called love, but it can hardly be fairly or justifiably shown as such. What I call the moment with Lelouch is grief, extreme grief. But he has never shown actual signs of loving Shirley.
(Yes, I've lost a few friends to their mortal coils, as such, I find it fair to joke about it. So bite me.)

Quote:
You know, people do love other people like friends, family. And Lelouch is doing the same thing this season. We still don't know who he loves, I bet he also doesn't know. So it's not obvious to us normal people that Lelouch is in love with Kallen, and how KxL will so obviously happen.
*Queue Evangelion TV Ending* You just made a good point. Congratulations. The only thing there is that Lelouch does know who he loves. Her name starts with an 'N' and ends with an 'unally'.

Quote:
And Lelouch, C.C. (she was watching them), Suzaku and Nunnally were there right from the first scene of the first episode. So IMO they are the essential characters.
A blade of grass was also in that scene, it must be pivotal to the plot too. If you want to say such nonsensical things, then you might as well make note of the fact that Lelouch met Kallen before C.C.. I'm seriously going to start arguing for Suzaku and Lelouch ending if you keep this up.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote