First of all:

Animation Quality: 9
Voice Actors: 8
Script: 4
Adaptation from Game: NA
Editing: 5
Music: 9

Total: 7/10

First, I was quite disappointed with the ending, because it was just sad...not SaiKano sad, not KgNE sad, not Grave of the Fireflies sad, but it was disturbingly sad. Other than that, I didn't mind most the series. I spent a big chunk of my posts defending Sekai and Makoto's actions on their character threads, but I did turn against Makoto when he started having sex wildly with Otome for no reason at all. However, I did not with for Makoto to die a painful death, but that he will be with no one in the end.

This series did indeed surprise me, because I never thought I would come close to forgiving Makoto and believing that someday he could show remorse about what he's done. The animation and voice acting was close to excellent...seriously. I give animation the 9 only because of the black blood. It's a good drama, but failed as a romance adaptation...but hey, maybe they didn't have that in mind. The suspense led me to rating some of the shows 10/10, and they are well worth 10/10...just not the ending.

One final thing...I love the music for this show. Anime is rarely all bad, and for many of the shows I wouldn't find excellent I love their music, such as School Days, InuYasha, Bokura ga Ita, Koi Kaze, etc.... (I'm not dissing these anime. I do enjoy them, but I have a very high standard for "excellent" anime.) Even though this anime ended, I will still be listening to its sound tracks for a while, I can tell you that.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote