View Single Post
Old 2009-10-18, 20:11   Link #17
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
By the looks of it, Hei has already been portrayed as the antagonist in the first episode as well as an emotionless contractor in the second. Both of which are not the case.
What gave it away? him saving miss not-target, for apparently no gain?

The question here is "Can you watch this with out watching/finishing the first season?", and in large part is addressed by people who lost interest half way, at the start or didn't like the theme of the first season... can they watch it with out the burden of S1? I say yes... do the problems you mentioned apply to them, nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Well if you don't watch the first season you won't understand
Bear in mind I watched S1 after watching S2E1 and S2E2...
Quote:
the relationships between the MI6, Japan's intelligence, and the CIA,
Didn't care. Cared less while watching S1 since it was all friend, enemy, friend again, enemy again etc.
Quote:
the background information about contractors, the various powers and prices of the contractors,
The general HowTO is explained plenty in S2E1, and the hole "brother doesn't feel anything, is going to kill you" makes it hard to ignore/miss those facts. As for contractor bios, I see no reason to care, at this point at least. We have Hei, whos powers are still a mystery so watching S1 won't help you there; everyone else is either not present, has been replaced or is dead, so really what difference does it make.
Quote:
or even what the main plot of the second season is.
First time: Red head is hunted by evil organization(s).
After watching S1: Red head is hunted by evil organization(s).
Quote:
It's like saying you can just jump in with the 5th Harry Potter book, technically doable but it's gonna be miserable not knowing ANYTHING.
I can't understand your example since I'm not a fan of that book.