View Single Post
Old 2010-06-22, 21:20   Link #3887
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
"Scum of society" is DIRECTLY quoted off the mouths of a teacher, a counselor and a parent. I didn't judge them myself.
It doesn't matter where the term originated from in your life. You're re-using it. You've used it at least twice that I've seen. You are judging.

Quote:
...I told my relatives that he is not going to live past March, because his wounds and abrasions are not healing - a sign that his blood cells and bone marrow are weakened severely. Was scolded, blah blah blah, and that old man died the next day. That is when I lose my relatives' support and they started hating me.

And on multiple accounts, I told my friends that certain things won't work out, they never listened. When it didn't work out and the causes are what I expected to be, they blame me for not helping avert the disaster (how the heck can I do that when I don't even have power to stop the student council from implementing that idea?).
What you said to your family was insensitive, so while I doubt that they hate you, it would not surprise me if you offended them. It isn't logical or rational that we try to avoid the inevitable, but we're not robots. There are bad things that are unpleasant to think about, because they are emotionally painful. If you have an autism spectrum disorder then the concept of emotions in others may be more difficult to understand, but otherwise you have the same feelings, too, so why is it surprising?

Additionally, the only thing worse than having someone who brings down the mood by predicting doom and gloom all the time is having someone say "I told you so" when bad things do happen. It isn't helpful. Really. You're not being a good friend to anyone by doing things like that, because it just makes them feel worse. You seem to have very high standards for friendship, but are you meeting your own criteria? Would you want to be friends with yourself?

Quote:
I have this uncanny ability of predicting bad shit happening most of the time, some of which I am wrong. That is why people brand me as negative when I say it out loud. What actually annoys me is that the blame always level on me when things go wrong.
It sounds like you tend to dwell on negative outcomes. If that's true, then people rightly are branding you as negative. I can't remark on the blame element, but it's probably not as simple as you're making it out to be.

Quote:
I have seen them being used too often, way too often by people to justify their actions or something they do that rips off others to benefit themselves. For example, this guy tries to wheedle people out of free meals and claim behind their backs that it is "reality", but on the other hand question the "morality" of someone else who borrows money from them and don't return. Then when I tell him that about his hypocrisy, he says that I made an "immature" statement. So what now?
I don't see why this matters. Everything is relative. Those terms and words are defined in a dictionary, but their meanings when it comes to real life are not absolute. I highly doubt that any two people will have the exact views on what those terms mean, such that they would interpret and act in various scenarios in the same way. Does it bother you that not everyone regards them with the exact same interpretation that you do?

Quote:
My current standard for friendship is honesty and well-read. It may be too high a standard, however I am not lowering that anymore - it gets tiring dealing with people who smile and laugh in front of you like a con-artist or refuse to listen to impending doom.
Honesty is a good standard to demand from your friends, but I think that you're taking it a little bit too far. Laughing and putting on a smile for other people, even if you don't really feel jovial, isn't about being a con-artist. It's a way of connecting with others and making them feel better. If you walk around with a frown on your face and are always talking about death, destruction, and disasters, of course nobody would want to be around you. That's depressing. It isn't that people are unaware of those things, it's that people don't want to be thinking about them non-stop. We have finite time on this planet - would you rather spend it worrying over things that are completely out of your control, or dealing with the negative things that are bound to come up while also trying to enjoy what life has to offer?

Quote:
A person's outlook on life isn't inborn - it is cultivated by what he/she has been through. I don't understand why so many counselors (other than one) I have been through tell me the same thing that bears no logic : you can change your outlook of life by living differently - although it is right to adapt to society, it isn't to put up a facade just to get accepted by the people around you.
Why do you think it's illogical? It makes perfect sense. You even said it yourself: a person's outlook is largely cultivated by what they have been through. When you are a child you have very little control over what experiences you will encounter. As an adult there will still be experiences that are beyond your control, but you have more control over your life. You can choose where to go and when; you have more power over the types of people that you will associate with. Where you go, who you associate with, what you do - those are your experiences, and while you are arguably not as malleable as you were as a child, they still impact on your, your life, and your views.

There is another level to that, as well, which is the power of thought. The external stimuli that we are exposed to each day are our experiences. However, we internalize our experiences and think about them. Everyone perceives events and actions differently. You do have some power of control over your thought process. For example, there is a mental exercise to keep a notebook and write five to ten things that were good about each day (this has apparently been reincarnated as an iPhone app, as well). The premise behind it is that most people don't appreciate their lives, and they tend to focus on the bad things that happen in each day. By forcing yourself to find good things in each day, you begin to train yourself to stop focusing on the negatives quite so often and to find good things. You begin to appreciate things as they come.

And that's just one example - in theory the mind and thought process can be altered in a conscious manner, although it requires a bit of work and habit-forming. Isn't that what Pascal said? 'Habit leads to automation, and automation leads the mind.'

Quote:
P.S I support Eugenics because of what I have been through : nobody should be branded as a weirdo just because he has a damaged brain which puts down his comprehensive ability. And why euthanasia too? If it can't be treated at the fetal state, it should have been put out so it doesn't have to go through 20+ years of emotional torture of being branded as weird.
This explains a lot about your world view and the views that you hold, although I won't claim to understand you entirely through it. However, I will say this: it's unlikely that people brand you a weirdo due to any brain conditions that you may have. They probably aren't aware of it. Furthermore, anyone can be branded as a "weirdo" by anyone else. Nearly all of us on this forum are likely to be branded as weird in our own ways, and yet many of us would classify other users as "weirdos" as well. It's not a bad thing or an insult (although some people use it that way).