Thread: Licensed Tamako Market
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 12:31   Link #469
Midonin
Last Engage

Tamako Market 01 - Mochi-Related Things

I feel like Tamako's friends didn't get enough screentime. Two scenes, but compared to everybody else, it's kind of small. The show does have a fairly large cast, so hopefully it can find a way to balance it and give some meaningful time to all the storekeepers, Tama and her friends, her family, etc. The bird's going to get a lot of screentime by default. I do like the quirky small-town feel the show is going for, and so far it does seem like that might be more important than the romance. (But really, I don't see the potential of focusing on Tama and her friends as a bad thing at all.)

The atmosphere's really nice, and the opening and ending themes are both pretty catchy. I can sense the K-ON! atmosphere, but with the focus on hobbies and family, this actually hits a lot, lot closer to Tamayura. I can easily imagine the bird and Momoneko having some sort of spat, like a much fluffier Sylvester and Tweety.

I probably find all of this slightly more amusing than I do given this past weekend's Metaroid in Go-Busters. The part with the bird choking on the mochi called this article to mind. It's sticky and sweet, but be careful.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote