View Single Post
Old 2021-09-11, 13:01   Link #230
Frontier

Souma finally confronts Castor in his snazzy new king duds, thanks to looking through the library for maps that reveal secret paths into his castle. Once again, it pays to be well-read and to check out a library once in a while .

Castor knows he's beaten, but he can't go out without a fight, so he and Aisha engage in single combat. Souma may be a Hero but he's not that kind of hero quite yet. But the deciding factor is short-haired Liscia coming in through Living Poltergeist to freeze Castor for Aisha to deliver the decisive blow. And then Liscia tells Castor that she's so loyal to Souma now she'd even go up against her father for him .

I love how Aisha didn't want to admit in front of Souma that she's a lot older than she looks. Dark Elf Genes are the best .

Poor Carla arrives just in time to see her father defeated and collared with a slave collar that puts him basically at Souma's mercy, and she has no choice but to let herself be collared as well. I mean, it's their own fault, but I kind of feel bad for these two .

And you can tell Liscia feels bad about fighting and then taking into custody on the possibility of execution people she's close to. Including Duke Carmine .

Well, that is one awkward sky carriage ride as Souma, Liscia, and Aisha travel with Carla. Liscia trying to save her best friend's life by stammering out all of Carla's good points so Souma can see worth in keeping her alive. Was she about to say how good her figure is outside that armor before Souma stopped her :P?

I love how Souma and Hal are such bros now .

Souma comes in with the air cavalry and short of holding hostages (which he won't abide by), Duke Carmine knows he's lost and makes sure the corrupt nobility are the first to get collared before having himself collared to mark Souma's victory. It seems like Carmine finally has shown some sense...until it turns out this was all planned from the start by Carmine to give Souma and Liscia a wedding gift of weeding out the corrupt noblemen and giving Souma an excuse to completely stop them and take full military power. This wasn't some stupid war general going out for one last fight, this was actual strategy to help Souma, the man Liscia chose. Jeez, now I kind of feel bad and don't want the guy to have to die for this .

And then things turnaround for Amidonia as Souma storms their capital while they're busy invading, and luckily the princess hid herself away while Souma and company take over. Souma outplayed everyone and decisively won on all fronts .

Okay, so Juna is also a ninja too, apparently? I thought that was her when I saw that one ninja had gigantic boobs .